spclaimsutility.authenticateformsuser : “The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.”


 

If you have an error similar to this:

“System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.
at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Protocols.WSTrust.WSTrustChannel.ReadResponse(Message response)
at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Protocols.WSTrust.WSTrustChannel.Issue(RequestSecurityToken rst, RequestSecurityTokenResponse& rstr)
at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Protocols.WSTrust.WSTrustChannel.Issue(RequestSecurityToken rst)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurityContext.SecurityTokenForContext(Uri context, Boolean bearerToken, SecurityToken onBehalfOf, SecurityToken actAs, SecurityToken delegateTo)”

 

This issue might be caused by the SecurityTokenServiceApplication being stopped in the IIS.

 

You can check by going to the IISManager-> Sites -> Sharepoint Web Services -> SecurityTokenServiceApplication.

 

You can start by checking if the Sharepoint Web Services are started.

After that you can check in the SecurityTokenServiceApplication providers if they include your membership providers configurations.

 

For me it was that the problem, once we started the Sharepoint Web Services and configured the membership providers all started to work again.

Computer developer/consultant from Portugal. You can find me at ricardo.magalhaes@gmail.com

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Sharepoint 2010
2 comments on “spclaimsutility.authenticateformsuser : “The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.”
  1. Surya says:

    Hi Ricardo,

    Thanks for the above info. I am new in sharepoint and I was facing the same error and got resolved by adding provider in Sharepoint Web Services.

  2. Thanks for this info, it really helped me in giving the direction. Secure Store Service was stopped in my enviornment, once i started it everything started to work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: