From the Windows Update blog the announcement of the release date of Office 2007 SP2.
This release will have impacts on client and server products, here are the server products list:
“Changes that impact the server products
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server SP2 include fixes and enhancements designed to improve performance, availability, and stability in your server farms. SP2 provides the groundwork for future major releases of SharePoint Products and Technologies.
· An STSADM command line that scans your server farm to establish whether it is ready for upgrade to the next version of SharePoint and provides feedback and best practice recommendations on your current environment.
· SP2 offers support for standards-based documents formats and compatibility with a broader range of Web browsers.
· Substantial improvements to Forms-based authentication.
Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Windows Server R2 will be supported on their release.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
· The performance and stability of content deployment and variations feature has been improved.
· A new tool has been added to the STSADM command-line utility that enables a SharePoint administrator to scan sites that use the variations feature for errors.
Excel and Access Services
· SP2 makes it easier to configure Excel Web Access Web parts on new sites. Several rendering, calculation, and security issues have been resolved.
· Some display issues have been addressed.
· Improved compatibility with Mozilla Firefox browsers.
· Improved synchronization reliability.
· Groove Server 2007 Manager will install and run with SQL 2008.
· Groove’s LDAP connectivity and auto-activation functionality have been improved.
· Error reporting in the Groove Relay Server has improved significantly.
· Groove Relay Server has improved robustness.
· Memory requirements and the page load times for large browser-rendered forms have been reduced.
· Browser rendering of various controls, such as the ‘cannot be blank’ asterisk and the rich text field has been improved.
· Better memory management in the queue service.
· Performance to certain database table indexes is improved
· Resource plans, build team, cost resources, and the server scheduling engine have improved.
· Improvements to the reliability and stability of very large corpus crawls.
· Backup-restore has been improved.
· A new command has been introduced to the stsadm.exe tool that lets a SharePoint Administrator to tune the Query processor multiplier parameter.
· Improved accuracy in searches involving numbers.
You can check this information: http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2009/04/14/service-pack-2-for-2007-microsoft-office-system-due-april-28th.aspx