It has been announced last week that the SPDiag (Sharepoint Diagnostics) tool has been released.
This is one more, must have and use, tool for every developer.
With SPDiag, you can:
- Collect IIS and ULS log files, performance counter data, event logs, and WMI instrumentation data from a SharePoint farm.
- Filter data to show granular information related to specific servers, Web applications, HTTP requests, event IDs, URI queries, and almost any other data points captured through supported channels.
- Create custom reports that can help reveal performance trends over time.
- Create snapshots of your SharePoint farm that include detailed information about your farm’s hardware, installed software and logical topology.
- Export collected data and reports that can be sent to Microsoft support personnel.
SPDialog is included in the Microsoft SharePoint Administration Toolkit v3.0 and can be downloaded:
The documentation is also available on those links.
You can read more on the To The Sharepoint blog.