From the Microsoft Sharepoint Team Blog the announcement of the new VS 2008 extensions for Sharepoint Services V1.3. Remember thie is a preview the final release is planned for the Spring.
“· Can be installed on x64 Server OS machines running SharePoint x64. Previously only x86 Server OS could be used.
· Separate build commands for package, deploy and retract are added
· Command line build, package and retract commands are included enabling continuous integration and build servers. Previously command line build of SharePoint projects was very difficult
· Refactoring support for renaming of Web Parts. Previously renaming a web part required changes in several files in the project
· WSP View improvements for consistency of deleting feature elements, merging features and adding event receivers to features
· Solution Generator can now generate solutions from publishing sites. Previously only regular sites could be generated
· Allowing partial trust BIN deployments of web parts. CAS configuration must still be provided by the developer.
· New project item template for SharePoint RootFiles items
· Deployment will now optionally remove conflicting existing features on the development server prior to redeployment. Previously any feature name conflicts would result in an error
· Ancillary assemblies such as for business logic can now be added to the SharePoint Solution WSP
· Hidden features related to Site Definition projects are now shown in WSP View. They are no longer hidden
· For advanced users a fast deploy is included to update only the compiled assembly on the SharePoint development installation
· The User Guide is now installed with the extensions instead of being a separate download
The final release of VSeWSS 1.3 is planned for the North American Spring of 2009.”
You can find this announcement here.