From Joel Ward's blog a tip on how to configurate a document library to have a filter showing the last updates in it:
- In the document library, click Modify settings and columns
- Under Columns, click Add a new column
- Add a column called "Today" as a Single line of text column.
- Click Add a new column again and add a column called "ViewUntil" with the following settings:
- Type: Calculated (calculation based on other columns)
- Formula: [Today]+7
- Data type returned: Date and Time, Format: Date Only
- Unclick Add to default view
- Delete the "Today" column that you created earlier
- Back on the Customize document library screen, click Create a new view
- Call the view "Recently Updated" or whatever you want. Choose whatever columns you wish, but make sure to include the "ViewUntil" column. Sort however you like.
- Under Filter, select Show items only when the following is true
- Show the items when column "ViewUntil" "is greater than or equal to" "[Today]" And "Modified" "is greater than or equal to" "5/4/2006" (replace with the date from seven days ago)
- Click Ok and now you have a list view that shows documents updated in the past week. It will be updated whenever a user adds or modifies a document.
You can find this tip here.